Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kaylee-8 months

Sweet Kaylee Jane is 8 months old. Time is going by way too fast. She is so much fun and has such a sweet, sweet personality. She is usually content with whatever is going on and is not high maintenance at all. She adjusts to our schedule and she is finally sleeping through the night. She doesn't like to be rocked to sleep, she would rather just be put in her bed awake and then she will go to sleep on her own.

I love waking her up in the morning. She immediately smiles at me and it's a great way to start the day. Troy is cute when I put her to bed, he will walk out of her room holding his finger at his mouth saying shush, shush.

She is still nursing so my official goal now is to make it all summer.  She has gotten better about not biting me.  The smile on her face after she finishes nursing is the greatest smile.  She still eats her baby food really well and eats a good variety of food.  She loves to play and her favorite toy right now is her learning farm. She isn't really trying to crawl but does get up on all fours and rocks. Recently, she has started saying "mama" and it's music to my ears. She is very nosy. She wants to see what is going on all the time...even when I'm trying to nurse her, if someone starts talking, she has to stop and look.


She is really flexible.  It's hilarious.  She will hold her feet up above her head.  When she is in her carseat, her leg almost always up in the air.  Sometimes she holds both legs in the air and it looks like she is doing a toe touch.

She is still a mommy's baby and I can see why the babies of families are "babies". I have a tendency to "baby" her too. I am really looking forward to spending the summer with her and Troy.

Things I love about my baby this month.
I love that she is sleeping through the night.
I love how she lays her head on my shoulder.
I love her beautiful eyes and eye lashes.
I love her lay backed personality.
I love her laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...