I was fortunate again to go to a conference at the beach the first week in June. I went down on Tuesday night and Brian and the kids joined me on Wednesday night. Even though the conference ended on Friday morning, we stayed through the weekend.
We had a great time. We only went to the beach one time. (I got to go by myself on Wednesday after the conference for a couple of hours). Troy loved playing in the sand. He wasn't thrilled with the ocean, but he and I played in the waves for a little bit. He loved to run up to the water, but then would chicken out when the waves came and would run back. Kaylee was content to sit on the beach under the umbrella. She and I sat out for another hour after Brian and Troy went back to the room to take a nap.
Troy loved playing in the pool too. However, he was very scared of the water and would cling tight to whoever was holding him. He never would let go and just float. Fortunately, there was a baby pool, and he and Kaylee both were content to play in that.
Going to the beach with two kids is MUCH different than going to the beach with no kids. Wanna know the difference? Two pack and plays, two strollers, a bag full of beach toys that is just as big as the bag of clothes we packed, afternoon naps and early dinners. You want to know the biggest difference though? I am just as white today as I was before we left. No sun tan; I'm kind of embarrassed to tell people we went to the beach.
We had a great time though and I hope as the kids get older, we'll continue to get to go to the beach. The morning of the beach we went down to get our pictures made, I wasn't expecting to get good pictures, I just wanted everyone in the shot.

No comments:
Post a Comment