Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

I am all about tradition and one of my favorite traditions that I'm glad that my children get to enjoy is Christmas Eve with my mother. Growing up, my mother made Christmas Eve very special. We always eat the same thing; my favorite meal (ham, mashed potatoes, English peas for me and black eye peas for John. Now she has added macaroni and cheese for Brian.) It was always tradition that we would get to open one gift on Christmas Eve and it would always be a toy that we could play with that would tie us over until the morning.

Santa would come by on a fire truck, then right before bed, my brother or my mother would read the Christmas story from Luke 2. I treasure those memories and because my mother did that for me, I want to continue to do those things for my children. I hope they continue to get to experience Christmas Eve at my mother's house for many years. I also remember how special my Christmas was with my grandmother, so I know that to my children, Christmas with their grandma will be special.

The morning of Christmas Eve, I made pancakes that look like Rudolph (well, it was supposed to look like Rudolph). Then we just enjoyed being lazy around the house.


That afternoon, we went to my mom's house and we did get to see Santa on a fire truck. We had a delicious dinner and were spoiled yet again by my mother and brothers.




My oldest brother gave Troy clothes, and Troy loved them. He opened the gift and threw them in the air and said "thank you, thank you, thank you" over and over. Actually that was the only present he said thank you for. He also got a remote control car, a ball pit, a animal farm fridge magnet, and a car track. Kaylee got a block sorter, a book, some clothes and a rattle.





I got a printer that I desparately needed (I really think my mom was just sick of me asking her to print stuff for me. :) ) Brian got a cooler that he really wanted. We are so blessed...I love spending time with my family and wish my oldest brother was here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...