
Troy has his 18th month appointment Dec 5. He really had an appointment on the 6th, but daycare wouldn't let me leave Troy there that morning because he had a rash on his face. They thought it might have been hand, foot and mouth disease. Fortunately, we were able to go ahead and see the doctor that day, and it was not hand, foot, and mouth disease; it was just a rash.
At 18 months, he weighed 27 pounds. His head is still off the chart. The doctor showed me a curve of typical head sizes, and Troy's is REALLY off the chart. There is a lot going on up there I guess. The doctor asked me several developmental questions and Troy seems to be doing fine in all areas. He is wearing a size 4 diaper and wears mostly 24 month clothing.
He is very much a morning baby. He wakes up really early (sometimes 5:30 early) and is usually very happy in the morning.
He is chattering much more...he says "what's this" a lot. He also says sissy, mama, daddy, thank you, more, here you go. He can go around the room and identify mama, daddy and sissy and when we get to Max, he often times calls him mama too. I think he gets his m's confused and thinks anything that starts with a M is mama.
He loves to play with his toys and play with Max. He will throw Max's toys around hoping that Max will chase them. He also enjoys giving Max his treats. It's fun to watch him figure things out when he plays with his toys. He's still very much a happy baby unless he's not getting his way. He does get over it quickly though.
One of his favorite things to do right now is to sit between me and Brian on the couch at night. He will then go back and forth giving us kisses (remember though, his definition of kisses is for US to lean in and kiss his head.) He will do this several times back and forth on the couch at night; it's so cute. He is also very good at blowing kisses and almost every day we leave daycare, he will hug his teacher and blow her kisses.
Things I love about my baby this month:
I love his laughter.
I love his kisses.
I love the way he walks. He is so deliberate about the way he walks.
I love the way he sleeps. He's like an old man, his hands are up by his head an his feet are usually crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment