Monday, September 19, 2011

One Week Old

We have had a great first week with Kaylee. She is a true doll.

I did have to take her to the doctor on Tuesday because her bilirubin score was a little on the high side when we left the hospital. At the doctor's office, she weighed 7.2 and was 20 inches long. Her bilirubin score had risen a little bit, but again, not enough to be over concerned with, but he was a little concerned about her weight loss and wanted to see her again on Thursday. When we went back on Thursday, Dr. Sester was able to see her and her bilirubin score was fine. She had also gained 3 ounces weighing 7.5.

She is eating really well...it's almost like clockwork, every 2-3 hours and she is ready to eat. If I try to feed her early, she completely refuses so I have learned to wait until she is ready and then she latches right on. Middle of the night feedings aren't bad either, she barely cries (enough to wake me up) and then latches right on. We have heard her REALLY cry only one time and that was because we were in the car and she was ready to eat.

I feel so blessed to have her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...