Wednesday, September 28, 2011

15 Month Checkup

I took Troy for his 15th month visit today (both kids had a checkup). Troy was 26 pounds and 33 inches long. They only measured his head one time this visit but it was still in the 95th percentile. He did get shots and poor baby, he cried. After they were through with the shots, I got really sweet cuddles from him though.

It has been fun to watch Troy's personality really develop lately. He has become quite the entertainer. He keeps Brian and I laughing by dancing, clapping, and just being sweet. He babbles all the time, but isn't really consistent with any of his words. He loves to play with the broom and mop. No matter how many times I put it up, he gets it out and plays with it.

Eating is another story. We are working on that. He obviously is gaining weight, but getting him to try anything new is really tough. I don't understand how he thinks he doesn't like something when he hasn't even tried it. I also don't understand how he likes some foods one day and doesn't like them other days. He is stubborn, if he doesn't want to eat something, he will glue his lips shut and nothing will get in. His daycare teacher has told me that she has caught him putting his vegetables on someone else's plate. Unfortunately, he also has a sweet tooth and I think could live off animal crackers if we let him.

He wears size 4 diapers and diaper changes are MUCH better now. He will actually lay still for you while you change his diaper. He'll even go to the changing table when you say let's change your diaper. He wears 18 month - 24 month clothing. He goes to bed pretty easy every night. He still loves bath time and we usually give him one every other night. Some nights, when he is ready for bed, he will walk to his bedroom and point to his bed.

Since Kaylee was born, it really did seem like Troy became a big boy overnight. When I pick him up from daycare, he now walks to the car holding my hand. It's the sweetest thing.

As far as being a big brother, we are still very careful watching him with Kaylee. He is sweet at times because when she cries, he tries to give her her passy. I think it's interesting that he knows the difference between his passy and her passy, but he does. Speaking of a passy, he is very addicted to his. We do try to limit it to naptime and bedtime and he does fine with that as long as he doesn't see one. I think he hids them though because sometimes he will appear with one out of no where.

Things I love about my baby right now:
I still love how he leans his head in when you say "give me a kiss"
I love how he fakes laughing to get us laughing.
I love picking him up from daycare and how excited he gets when he sees me walk in.
I love how excited he gets when daddy gets home.
I love watching him dance.
I love how he helps us unload the dryer and hands us each piece of clothing and says "here you go"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...