Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Week after Christmas
One of my favorite things to do right after Christmas is take a picture with the kids with all their gifts. They cracked me up this year because they were into taking pictures too. They wanted to make sure that everything got in the picture. Seeing this, I can't believe how spoiled and how blessed we are. Sure toys are material things, but they're also very much memory makers. I distinctly remember toys I got for Christmas over the years and the memories those toys brought can't be replaced. I hope my kids have those same type of memories.
Another favorite thing is watching the kids play with their toys after Christmas. It makes my heart happy that the toys they got aren't just forgotten about on Christmas morning and that they really like to play. It also melts my heart because I know as they get older, they will truly play with "toys" less and I enjoy watching them play. I know I will miss the little legos and little Barbie shoes and playdough messes. These pictures remind me to slow down and let them enjoy playing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee's Recitals
Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day. She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals. Her recital was dance and ...
-
Today was Kaylee and Troy's last day of school...they couldn't miss the last day - they had perfect attendance for the entire year. ...
-
Troy got to participate in his first field day. He ran in the 50 yard dash, participated in the balloon toss, the sponge soak line, and ...
-
What a fun day we had at Six Flags! I was so excited to take the kids somewhere I LOVED growing up. I think Kaylee will definitely be my r...
No comments:
Post a Comment