I love our family tradition of Christmas Eve Dinner. Mindy helped me cook and I am so thankful to spend time with her and mom in the kitchen. Of course, we had way too much food, but that's one of the best parts about Christmas Dinner.
After dinner, the kids did a "show". Earlier in the week, they asked me if they could get the drums and piano out and do a show. I told them of course - so that night they sang us a couple of songs.
Afterwards, we opened gifts. Kaylee and Troy got tailgating toys and twister. It was Kaylee's first time to play Twister and while she was playing and laughing, she would say, why would ya'll give this to me? This is hard! I'm never playing it again...and then of course she would. They also got tablets which they had been asking for. Brian got a baseball coaching bucket and money and I got a lamp that I really wanted and a usb drive for my phone and computer.
After we opened gifts, John read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. When it was time for the kids to get ready for bed, they didn't waste any time. In fact, Kaylee came running out butt naked while the family was still there saying she needed help getting her pajamas on.
After they went to bed, I remembered that we had forgotten to lay out cookies for Santa. I went to wake them up, but Kaylee did not want to get out of bed...so Troy and I put out cookies, carrots and milk for Santa and his reindeer. Then I looked at my phone, and I had an email from Santa, so I showed Troy and Kaylee their email and they went fast to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee's Recitals
Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day. She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals. Her recital was dance and ...
-
Today was Kaylee and Troy's last day of school...they couldn't miss the last day - they had perfect attendance for the entire year. ...
-
Troy got to participate in his first field day. He ran in the 50 yard dash, participated in the balloon toss, the sponge soak line, and ...
-
What a fun day we had at Six Flags! I was so excited to take the kids somewhere I LOVED growing up. I think Kaylee will definitely be my r...
No comments:
Post a Comment