Thursday, July 24, 2014

Trip to the Zoo

The kids and I got to spend a day at the zoo with Christopher & Stephanie and their kids.  We had a lot of fun.  The weather was perfect and not too hot at all.  We rode the carousel, the train, and looked at lots of animals.  They even had a really neat sea lion show.

After the zoo, we came back to our house and let the kids swim.  Then we ate dinner and played in the yard.  The kids played baseball, then we had a family football game of the Bones vs the Lawleys.  For the record, the Bones won the football game.  Our strategy was to give the ball to Troy and told him to run to the cows.  Then when we were on defense, our strategy was for Troy to chase whoever had the ball and tag them.  He never game up on the chase.

I was really impressed at how well the kids played together.  It didn't take any time at all for them to warm up to each other.  It was like they had known each other all along.  They "argued" over who was going to sit by who so I knew that was a good sign.  The next morning, Troy asked when they were coming back over.  I sure wish they lived closer!





















 








 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...