Sunday, December 1, 2013

Decorating the tree

One of my favorite traditions is decorating the Christmas tree. I love to go through all the ornaments and remember what each one means. As soon as we brought out the ornaments, Troy immediately asked me where his car ornament was. He got a cozy coupe ornament last year and he remembered it. Kaylee hung all of her ornaments in one spot. Troy was good about spreading them out, but later we put up a tree in his room, and he kidnapped ornaments from the family tree to put on his tree. I would get tickled because he would tell me he really liked a certain ornament and then he would take it and put it on his tree.
This picture is focusing on the wrong thing and Kaylee is out if focus m, but I love Kaylee's expression! She had so much fun decorating the tree.
After we decorated the tree, I gave them their first gift of Christmas....pajamas. I wanted them to have a pair they could wear all Christmas season.


I also like to get the kids an ornament each year to represent something they did that year. My mother started this tradition. I looked several places and couldn't really find any that made me think of the year. Finally, I thought about finding planes since they rode in a plane for the first time. So the next time we were at the mall, we stopped at the ornament kiosk to pick out plane ornaments. Troy saw a firetruck and insisted on that one. I let him get it since he had a firetruck birthday. We got Kaylee the plane. In our short visit at the ornament kiosk, my kids also managed to break two different ornaments so I had to pay for those too. I learned a lesson, do not take the kids to the ornament store. A, they will want to pick out the ornaments and B, it makes the price of the ones you do pick out expensive.

Later in the season, Brian and I ended up in an ornament store. He saw a macaroni and cheese ornament so we had to get it for Kaylee. She LOVES mac and cheese To make it even, I got Troy the plane ornament. They actually got two ornaments this year.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...