
I have really enjoyed my summer and getting to spend time with Troy. We are so blessed. We are still not in a good routine during the day yet, but hopefully that will come once school starts. We usually put him down for bed between 9 and 10 and he will sleep to 3 or 4. Then, after he eats, he'll sleep to about 6 or 7. However, Brian and I don't get much sleep after 3. Troy sleeps great at the 9 o'clock stretch, but he is LOUD after I put him o bed at 4. Did I say loud? I mean REAL LOUD! He grunts, moans, and makes all kinds of noises. He isn't crying, he's just making noise....LOUDLY!
He is still sleeping in his cradle and just this week, we moved the cradle out to the living room to get him used to not being in the same room with us. Again, he does great when we put him to bed around 9, but we struggle with the next stretch. Most of the time, we let him grunt and we just lose sleep, but to save sanity, sometimes Brian and I take turns sleeping with him on the couch. I know it's probably not the best thing, but with both of us working now, we gotta sleep. If Troy sleeps with us on the couch, he doesn't make a sound. I have fallen asleep several times while feeding him and I'll wake up an hour later and he's asleep too, never making a sound.
At his 2 month check up, he weighed 10 pounds, 11 ounces and was 24 1/4 long. He is growing! He did a great job while getting his shots, he barely even cried. I specifically asked the doctor about the loud noises and grunting, and she said that as long as he wasn't crying and when I pick him up he's fine, then he's not in any pain. It's just hard for us to sleep during it, but Troy seems to sleep right through it.
Things I love about my baby this month:
I still love the footed onesies. They are just so, so cute on him.
I love when I pick him up out of his car seat and he still has his legs curled up while in the air.
I love his facial expressions...he makes some really great ones. I wish I could catch them on camera, but he does not perform.
I love how he curls up next to me when he sleeps on my chest.
He is COMPLETELY out of all his newborn clothes and officially wears mostly 3 months. There are some 0-3 outfits that still fit, but for the most part, he wears a 3 month. He is in size 1 diapers. He starts daycare on Monday.
He just gets cuter and cuter!
ReplyDeleteJeff & I slept a lot holding Abby Kate when she was Troy's age. When she got bigger we even let her sleep in our bed with us. A lot of people think it's a bad habit to start, but we have so many precious memories of the cuddle time with her. We still let her sleep with us on occasion. I will pray for you guys as he starts daycare. Hope to see you soon!