Sunday, June 1, 2014

Troy's bday

We decided to do two different birthday parties this year, one with family and one with Troy’s friends. We knew we wanted to make “a day of it” with family and grill out and swim, and not just have a normal two hour party.

The party was a lot of fun and I had fun getting all the baseball stuff together. Troy has been saying for months that he wanted a baseball party, and I thought decorating would be easy. I knew I wanted cracker jacks, popcorn and peanuts. I didn’t know they would be hard to find. I thought I could just buy some popcorn boxes from the people that run the concession stand at my school. They didn’t have any though, but did give me some cute trays to use as plates. I also knew that wanted to make a baseball wreath. I didn’t know that I would spend all day Thursday driving different places looking for popcorn boxes that close, old baseballs, and cracker jacks. It took multiple stores and multiple people helping me find them. Yes, if I had been organized, I could have just ordered them online, but the end of the school year always gets so busy and I ran out of time. Everything came together well though.

Troy got lots of gifts; swim toys, a “big, big truck”, a dart gun, a lunchbox, some Jake toys, and a LeadPad. He has been asking for a couple of weeks for a Spiderman lunchbox because one of his friends at school has one. I’m not really sure why he wanted a lunchbox, but Kaylee got it for Troy. After the party, Troy wanted to pack his lunchbox. I had to convince him to wait until the night before he goes to daycare.

At the end of the day, I always ask him about some of his favorites, maybe I shouldn’t make him name favorites, but I love to hear his answers. He said his favorite thing to do at his party was swim (next favorite was blowing out the candles), his favorite gift was goggles from Uncle John, and his favorite person that was at the party was Andrew.




 
 
 
 
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...