Monday, June 2, 2014

Kaylee-potty training day 1

This is either my second or third attempt to potty train Kaylee. I gave up pretty quick both times. Today I was determined not to give up. When she woke up this morning, I told her that we were going to learn to pee pee in the potty today and I put big girl panties on her. I set the timer for every 20 minutes and took her to sit on the potty every time the timer went off. She never pottied. By 10:30, this morning she had already had three accidents, but I was still determined. Before today, I have never gotten her to pee pee on the potty and I have only gotten her to poo poo once and that was because I caught her in the act. Today, every time she had an accident, I sat her on the potty and talked about why we used the potty and then we cleaned it up together.

After 10:30, the next time she started to have an accident (so I call it a half accident), I ran her to potty and she finished on the potty. The next time, same thing. Then after that, she started telling me when she needed to go. I also still set the timer. She peed in the potty A LOT today. I'm so proud. I gave her lots of praise and she hasn't had another accident all day. We did leave the house for about four hours so I put her in a diaper because I knew she wasn't ready for public restrooms yet.

After every successful potty trip, we all did the potty dance, even Troy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...