We were really late to church that morning and we were scheduled to work in the nursery. When we got there, Brian took Troy to his class, but they were on their way to the main building. I took Kaylee to her class and we met in the nursery. I was heartbroken because I found out that Troy's class was going to be singing in the main service and I was going to miss it since we were in the nursery.
Our sweet children's minister made her way around all the rooms and saw that we were working and were going to miss the singing, so she offered to watch the babies until we got back. Troy's class did a good job and it was really cute. After they were through singing, each of the kids had a rose to take to their mother. Troy had a hard time finding me, but once he found me, he had the cutest run to me and gave me the flower and a really big hug.
After church, we celebrated mother’s day at Cracker Barrel with my mom and John. Brian’s mom was in Iowa, so we didn’t get to see her.
I am so lucky to be a mother. Sometimes, I have the sweetest
children. I say sometimes, because quite
honestly, some moments are just HARD. I
wouldn’t trade it though. The sweet
moments make all the hard ones worth it.
Lately, we have been praying together at night as a family and when I
listen to their little prayers, there hasn’t been a night that I didn’t smile
while listening to them. Their little
kisses and sweet hugs melt my heart every time.
They make me laugh, they make me cry, they made me happy, they make me
mad, they make me think, they make me pray, they make me a mother.





No comments:
Post a Comment