One of my favorite things to do to get summer started is to go camping. The problem is that I always procrastinate looking for places until the week of Memorial Day. Luckily, I found a place on Lake Guntersville. Brian took the camper to work on Friday and the kids and I met him at work so we could leave from there. We got the campsite right before dark to set up the camper, but we had not packed for dinner. I thought we would pass a grocery store or a fast food restaurant on the way, so I didn't pack dinner. There was nothing for a good 20 miles (at least a 30-40 minute drive) around the campsite, so after we set up the camper, we had to drive back into town. We went to Huddle House and we were those parents that had their children out eating dinner at 10:00 pm instead of at home in bed.
The campground had two playgrounds and a pool. The kids loved playing and it was a great way to start summer.
Kaylee's feet showed that she had a good time.
We took lots of wagon rides, went to the playground multiple times, colored, played football and baseball at the camp site, when for walks and had some down town. Troy said his favorite thing to do was play football.
No comments:
Post a Comment