Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend trip to Atlanta

We took a long weekend trip and went to Atlanta. We found a cheap hotel that was really nice in Alpharetta and we had a really great time. It was so relaxing and not stressful at all. We enjoyed being a family together.

We drove over Friday night, and plugged up the dvd player for Troy. That is the first time he has actually watched a movie and he was very content at watching it.


Saturday, we went to the mall in the morning and then met some dear friends for lunch. I really enjoyed catching up with them. They are in the middle of trying to adopt a child. They are doing an open adoption, and so desparately want a baby. I know God has a plan for their life, and I pray that they don't have to wait much longer to get a connection with a child. They are so good with children and they have watched all of their friends have babies. It breaks my heart. Check out their adoption webpage: http://www.iheartadoption.org/users/thehucks# I don't know what it's like to not be able to get pregnant, but because of my miscarriages, I do know what it's like to want a baby so badly. I have a couple of friends that have infertility stuggles and it's just not fair!

After lunch, we went back to the hotel room and ALL FOUR OF US took a nap in the big king size bed, and there was still room. After our nap, we went to eat dinner at a pizza place and then went to the mall. The mall had a play area for kids, so we let Troy play for a good hour.

Sunday, we woke up and went to the aquarium. We had a great time at the aquarium. We went to the dolphin show and the dolphins really caught Troy's attention. He watched the entire show and clapped every time the dolphins did a trick.


I'm not sure if he really cared about the rest of the aquarium. He did look and laugh and smile at everything else, but you really don't know what he's thinking.

Kaylee enjoyed looking at the fish too.


After lunch, Troy fell asleep in his stroller, so we found a dark aquarium with all the big fish and shark and let him sleep. I put Kaylee on a blanket and we let her lay there for a while. Brian and I just sat there and talked about the fish and enjoyed watching them.





After we left, we went to a REI sports store and a Goodwill store. Then, that night, we took the kids to a kid's place with inflatables. Brian and I both had a good time going down the slides with Troy and playing in the jump houses.


We got up Monday morning and headed back to Birmingham. It was a great little get-away and much needed. I'm already looking forward to our next weekend getaway, maybe this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I am glad it was such a good trip. Sounds like the kids really well. And I know all Brian needed was you and the kids. Hope you can go again soon.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...