Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kaylee - 4 months


Kaylee had her 4 month checkup Jan 12. All along, I just knew she wasn't going to weigh as much as Troy did because she seems so little and everyone has told me how little she is. To my surprise, she actually weighed a half ounce more than Troy did at four months. I was shocked. I guess she isn't as little as it seems. She weighed 13 pounds and was 25 inches long (Troy was also 25 inches long). She did get shots and it broke my heart. I wish you could have seen the look she gave the nurse after her shots. It was a look of "I will remember you."

She does sleep in her room and still gets up once a night to eat. She usually does great in her own bed until about 2 or 3 and wants to eat, but then goes right back to her bed. Lately though, I have spent several nights on the couch with her. She is definately a mommy's girl.

She wears a size 2 diaper (only because we ran out of size 1s). She wears 3-6 month clothing and it's so sad to me that her 0-3 months no longer fit.

She is still nursing and I'm proud of how well she does. It has been so easy with her. Pumping is not easy, but I am keeping up with her. She started rice cereal this weekend and did a good job eating it right away. I was a little hesitant to start real food, but now I am excited about the possibilities.

She loves her feet. She will hold both of them and just laugh. Speaking of laughing, she is a TALKER. It is so funny. She talks all the time. It makes me laugh. She has also rolled over both ways. I haven't caught it on video yet though.

Things I love about my baby this month:
I love her smile. She tilts her head and smiles at you and it just melts my heart.
I love her complexion. She has the smoothest and softest skin.
I love how when you give her passy to her, she holds your hand tight on her chest.
I love having a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...