Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sleep, Sleep, Where are you?

Troy did a great job sleeping at the beach. I was worried that not being in his bed, not being at home, and the time change would really mess him up. It didn't though...he slept all three nights at the beach all night long and even slept until about 7:30 each morning.

However, when we got home Monday, he had a very hard time sleeping Monday night. Then Tuesday, then Wednesday, then oh my goodness, he was having a hard time EVERY night. Brian and I took turns all week getting up with him. The only way Troy would sleep was when one of us held him. This went on for EIGHT nights.

Finally, Brian and I had had enough. I figured at this point, we were just spoiling Troy. He knew we would come and get him and he knew we would hold him and he could sleep with us. So this past Tuesdsay night, we let him "cry it out". That is the first time we have ever let him cry it out with out us coming to get him. 35 minutes later, he was asleep. It worked...he slept all night. Last night, same thing, he woke up in the middle of the night, and I let him cry. 15 minutes later, he was back asleep. Let's hope he's back in his routine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...