Saturday, October 2, 2010

4 Months



I can NOT believe how fast these four months have flown by. This has been a REALLY fun month. Troy is so alert and interacts with you now. It is so fun to talk to him and to get him to smile.

He has also been an eater this month. I was doing a great job at keeping up with nursing, but last week, we could not keep him full for anything. I finally had to get formula to help supplement. Last week, he was eating 6 ounces almost every 3 hours...so he would eat as much as 30-36 ounces a day! I used up all of my freezer stash just to keep him full. I think he was going through a growth spurt.

Now, it has slowed back down to normal, and he eats anywhere from 4-6 ounces at a feeding. I am giving him one bottle of formula a day and the rest is breast milk. Fortunately, he is able to switch back and forth without a problem so far.

Our routine is still going good. He usually nurses to go to bed around 7:30 and still sleeps all night. There are a couple of nights where we have to get up to give him his passy, but then he goes right back to sleep. He moves a lot during his sleep. Some nights his head will be at the opposite end of the bed and some mornings he will have turned all the way around. Just this week, he started sleeping later, so we have let daycare give him his morning bottle. Brian and I are still a great team and I know I am so blessed to have a husband that helps.

Things that I love about my baby this month:
I love how you can get him to smile to you and how his tongue is part of his smile.
I love how he cuddles now. He lays his head on your shoulder and it's the sweetest feeling.
I love how happy he is in the morning.
I love how he rubs his head when he's sleepy.

He is still growing. We go to the doctor Oct 11 and I can't wait to find out how much he weighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...