
I was having contractions all night, but still wasn’t really sure that’s what they were because they weren’t painful yet. Once we got to the hospital and they checked me, I was 4cm dilated and 90% effaced, and contractions were about 5 minutes apart. I’m pretty sure I would have been coming to the hospital anyway.
The doctor broke my water about 6:45 and started the pitocin drip around 7:30. I got the epidural around 8:30. The next time the nurse checked me, I was 9cm dilated. We started pushing around 9:50. Troy was born at 10:42. Although I can’t say it was easy, I was so blessed with a quick delivery! He weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Immediately after he was born, I got to hold him for about 45 minutes. It was amazing!
After that, we let our family come in to visit him. Brian’s parents (Grandma and Grandpa Bone), my mom (Grandma), my dad (Pappi), Aunt Jaime, Uncle John and my best friend Angie were all at the hospital, so they got a quick 15 minute look at him before it was time to move to my room. We were in our room by 12:15.
Troy is beautiful. I’m not sure who he looks like yet, but he is beautiful. We had lots of visitors the first day. The Seaburys, the Gills, Angela, Lindsey, Alice, Mr. Collins, Blake, Hallie, Andrew and Daniel all came to see baby Troy.

No comments:
Post a Comment