Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Names - 16 weeks

Brian and I have not discussed names very often mainly because we can't agree on names. He has two favorites which I really do not like.

His boy name is Thatcher. I like the name Thatcher, but I do NOT like Thatcher Bone. Say it....it will make you laugh. The poor kid will get made fun of all of his life. Brian says he will get made fun of regardless, and Thatcher is a family name....still I'm veto-ing it. When I tell people that's his choice, they think he's playing....but he's serious, that is his choice for a boy's name.

He girl name is Meghan. I think Meghan is a very pretty name, but being a teacher, I have taught several Meghans. There are just so many of them, and they all spell it different. Is it Megan, Meghan, Meggan, Magan, and how do you say it? Is it M"egg"an or M"ay"gan?

Because I don't like either of his two choices, having the name conversation has been difficult. He just tells me to pick since I don't like his choices. Last night though, we finally discussed names. We agreed on a boys name right away.....Brian's response was of course we agree on a boys name because it's going to be a girl. I THINK we have the girl's name narrowed down to two.

I can't wait to find out what it is so that we can start calling him/her by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...