We have made it to 12 weeks! This has been the LONGEST 9 weeks of my life.
A brief history…I have had three miscarriages in the last two and half years. After several tests, the doctor determined that my body was low on progesterone, so I have been taking progesterone since May.
I found out I was pregnant September 23. I told Brian by texting him a picture of the pregnancy test. I didn’t make a doctor’s appointment until October 15 (I would be right at 8 weeks) because I knew there was nothing the doctor could do anyway.
At the 8 week appointment, every thing looked fine. I went back at 10 weeks and again everything looked fine. At the 10 week appointment, we heard the heartbeat with the Doppler. I asked if they were sure it was the baby’s and not mine. The nurse said she was sure but asked if I would rather see it. Of course Brian and I both said yes, we’d rather see it., so we got to see the baby on ultrasound. He/she waved at us. Brian said she looks like a girl. To me, it looks like a big head.
Then, at the 12 week appointment, we heard the heartbeat again. Everything is fine.
I have had nausea and sickness since I found out and I have been VERY tired. Fortunately, I usually get sick at night and not in the morning. I have been going to bed around 8, sometimes even as early as 6. I have also had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth for the past two weeks.
We are excited. I’m not sure I’ll ever get over the scared feelings each time I go to the doctor, but I know God is in control.
We go back to the doctor in a month, and then two weeks after that, we’ll have an ultrasound to determine the gender of the baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee's Recitals
Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day. She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals. Her recital was dance and ...
-
Today was Kaylee and Troy's last day of school...they couldn't miss the last day - they had perfect attendance for the entire year. ...
-
Troy got to participate in his first field day. He ran in the 50 yard dash, participated in the balloon toss, the sponge soak line, and ...
-
What a fun day we had at Six Flags! I was so excited to take the kids somewhere I LOVED growing up. I think Kaylee will definitely be my r...
No comments:
Post a Comment