Sunday, August 5, 2018

Kaylee's Baptism

Kaylee said she wanted to be baptized back in April.  I asked her if she knew what that meant and she said that she loved Jesus and wanted everyone to know she was a follower of Christ.  I asked her if she had prayed for Jesus to be in her heart and told Jesus that she wanted to follow him.  So on April 15, she prayed a sweet prayer that told Jesus she wanted to be a follower of Him (her words).

I emailed Mrs. Shellyn and she met with her to make sure Kaylee truly understood her decision and what it meant.  On August 5, Kaylee got baptized and Brian was able to be the one to baptize her.

I love the simple answers Kaylee gives when you ask her about Jesus or being baptized....faith as a child.  I made her a shirt that morning for her to wear for the baptism that said "Jesus loves me".  She told me I should have made one for her to wear after the baptism that said "I love Jesus".   It really is  that simple!

It was a sweet day.










Her sweet prayer....



The baptism video....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...