Saturday, July 28, 2018

Baton lock in

Kaylee has looked forward to this lock in all summer.  The little girls weren’t required to stay all night.  I told Kaylee we could leave whenever she wanted to leave but she was determined to stay all night.  

They played games, they danced, and they even got to twirl fire batons.  Kaylee said her favorite game was Hungry Hippo.  She loved all the dances.  Her most favorite thing she did all night was fire baton.  

She started to get really tired about 4:30 but at that point, she had almost made it all night so I was trying to encourage her to stay busy.   She didn’t want to leave to go home but I could tell she was fading.  Around 5 am, they were playing flashlight laser tag and she ran her toe into the door (a toe that was already hurt).    She ripped her big toe nail almost completely off, so I know it hurt.   She cried and I held her.   That made her sit still.  Once she sat still, she got really tired, so at 5:20 I had to carry her to the car asleep.   She almost made it all night.  











































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...