Monday, May 23, 2016

Kindergarten Graduation



Troy had kindergarten graduation at his school.  I got a note sent home earlier in April that said he had a speaking part and to make sure he knew his line.  That same afternoon, I was telling him how proud I was that he was chosen to have a speaking part, but he told me everyone had a speaking part.  Turns out, he was one of four out of his class that was chosen and he did a great job saying it.

They sang three songs and then they each got to walk across the stage.  They also presented art awards to kindgarten students, and Troy was one of about six students who got an art award.  He was so excited.  It was also fun to watch Troy interact with his friends - something we don't get to see on a daily basis.

He loved his teacher this year, Mrs. Cooke, and I am so proud of how much he has learned.  He loves school and he loves learning.  He says his favorite thing at school is going outside, but I also know how much he truly loves to learn.  He is always talking about fiction and non fiction and always ask us to add numbers for him.

It's hard to believe how fast this year went by and that he'll be in first grade next year.  Looking at him on stage, I could actually picture Troy has a teenager and it made me pray that time would slow down and that I would take the time to enjoy every minute with him and Kaylee.  

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...