Saturday, December 13, 2014

North Pole Express Train Ride

The train ride in Calera is a very popular thing for families to do at Christmas.  I haven't bought tickets before because I wanted to make sure the kids were old enough to remember.  I talked to my friend Angie, and she decided this Christmas was a good time for her family to go too.  This summer, she and I were at the McWane center the day the tickets went on sale.  I actually tried three different dates before we finally got tickets - and then I panicked and only ordered 7 instead of 8.  I had to quickly order one more before they were all sold out.  All seats were sold out over the summer.  That is absolutely crazy to me.

They did a great job of putting the event on.  Unfortunately, Angie was sick the night of our tickets, but Owen and the boys came.  The kids got to see Santa - and Kaylee didn't want anything to do with him.  The elves did a good job at being mischievous.  After we saw Santa, they brought us chocolate milk, a cookie, and an ornament.

It was a lot of fun to watch the kids be so excited to go to the North Pole.  They loved looking out the window looking for the lights.  They also enjoyed singing Christmas songs and dancing in the isle while we waited for Santa.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...