Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blakeney's Last Game

Nothing is better than football in the fall, especially getting to go to Troy games.


Saturday marked Troy's head coach's last football game to coach.  He has been the head coach for 24 years, I have been a Troy fan for 20 years, so he is the only coach I have ever "known."  I twirled with his daughter in college.  At the beginning of the game, they showed a tribute video of him from some of his most memorable games.  It brought tears to my eyes.  They also showed a "congratulations" video from several of his former players.  It was so interesting to hear their perspective.  Although I do believe it is time for him to retire, he is the reason that Troy University football is where it is.  I have no doubt about that. He has so much to do with why the program has grown and the legacy that he leaves behind won't be forgotten.












Four days later, UAB (which happens to be one of Troy's biggest rivalries) announced they were cutting out their football program completely.  This absolutely breaks my heart.  I know how much Troy means to me and my family, and UAB is that to a lot of people too.  I feel so bad for their fans.  

It makes me appreciate that even though Troy has had a rough couple of seasons, I still get to look forward to Trojan football next fall!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...