Kaylee started daycare and I went back to work this past Monday. I was really, really dreading it. After having all summer off, then going back for only three weeks, then having nine weeks off, I was really not looking forward to it. Would the kids even know me anymore? Would I have control over my classroom anymore? All those questions taunted me the last week of my maternity leave. I can honestly say it wasn't bad at all. I was meant to be a classroom teacher.
Leaving Kaylee at daycare was hard the first day. I dropped her off and she was fine, but Troy cried a little bit. I think he was just confused because in the mornings they are in the same room. He kept looking at me and looking at her like "why are you leaving her?" His teacher said that when it was time for them to go to his room, he didn't want to leave Kaylee.
The next day, I left Kaylee's milk at home so after I dropped them off, I had to run back home and get it. When I got back to daycare and walked in their room, Kaylee was in the swing and Troy was sitting on the floor beside her swing playing with a toy. I wish I'd had my camera with me, it was the sweetest thing.
Another time this week, his teacher told me that Kaylee was crying because she dropped her passy. Troy kept pointing to her and looking at the teacher. The teacher was changing someone else's diaper and couldn't help right then, so Troy started pointing more aggressively. The teacher said she could have sworn he said Sissy.
Hopefully all this means that Troy will be protective of his little sister and take good care of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment