We had a great birthday party for Troy. We held it at George Roy Park close to our house at 10am...thinking if we held it early in the morning, it wouldn't be that hot...WRONG...it was HOT! As long as you were in the pavillion, it was tolerable, outside of that, it was just hot. The theme was monkey because I found cute one year old monkey invitations before Troy was even born. I ordered a cake, but I made the banner, cupcake toppers, party hat, and his outfit...all decorated with monkeys. I tried to keep the monkey theme going with the food and had chocolate dipped bananas, trail mix, and animal crackers. Brian's mother found really cute monkey baskets a long time ago, so that was our treat bags for the younger kids. For the girls, I had a Melissa the Monkey book, and for the boys, there was a monkey plate. Every basket also had banana marshmallows, banana laffy taffy, crayons and a monkey coloring book that I made. Troy was spoiled with gifts. He got a rocking chair from Grandma Lawley that he loves, and a baby china bowl from Grandma and Grandpa Bone. He also got a shapes cookie jar toy, refrigerator farm animal magnets, dump truck with blocks, clothes, money, and other fun things. Troy was extremely tired during his party, but he was a trooper and hung in there. When we got home, he took a THREE hour nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment