Sunday, March 28, 2010

Feltman Brothers

I wanted to write about this because it's funny and I don't want to forget.

During spring break, I had lunch with a former student and her mother. They are very precious to me. Anita has a son who was a summer baby (born in May), so I asked her what she brought him home from the hospital in. (I had heard some people say a cute outfit and others just say a little onesie).

She was shocked that I didn't have an outfit yet...her response was that you HAVE to bring him home in a Feltman Brother's outfit. EVERYONE brings home their little boy in a Feltman Brothers. I'd never even heard of Feltman Brothers. Leah and I just died laughing because it was obviously a big deal. It was so much a big deal that we had to go to Belk immediately after lunch to get a Feltman Brothers outfit. Anita showed me the rack and told me to pick the one I liked. They had several cute ones, but I really liked a sweet blue and white gingham one that also came with a hat. I showed her that one, but they didn't have any newborn sizes, only a 3 month size. She said she was going to the mall later in the week anyway, she would just get it at the other Belk later.


At my shower yesterday, one of the gifts they gave me was the sweet outfit. I love it. I told her how much I loved it and was glad I have it...well guess what, it's not Feltman Brothers! I didn't even pick out a Feltman Brothers even though it was on that rack. It makes me laugh just thinking about it because all that, and then I didn't even pick the right brand! This particular brand doesn't make NB sizes, so it's a 3 month. So it may be too big to be his coming home outfit, but it might be his dedication outfit. It will definately be a cute summer church outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...