Sunday, January 31, 2010

Name

Brian and I picked out a boy's name pretty quickly. We just wanted to "sit on it" for a while to make sure we both really like it...and we do.

I have gotten the bedding monogrammed, so it's official.

We're naming him Troy Bruce.

We picked Troy because Brian and I met in Troy. Troy has a lot of special memories for both of us both as individuals and as a couple. Troy is still a special place for both of us, so it seems very fitting. If it weren't for Troy, we probably would have never met.

We picked Bruce because Brian's grandfather is named Bruce. Brian adored his grandfather and was very close to him. Growing up, Brian would spend the summers with his grandfather on the farm in Iowa. Brian's grandfather was a hard worker, full of integity, and loved his family, so I pray that Troy Bruce will inherit those characteristics from his great grandfather. Unfortunately, his grandfather passed away this past summer, so he won't get to hold Troy Bruce.




1 comment:

  1. Dawn, You made me cry! What you wrote was beautiful. It is reassuring that Grandpa will be remembered. I called Grandma and read it to her. She was so pleased. Thank you.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...