BOY!
Our appointment was Jan 4. The night before, I dreamed that it was a boy, so by Monday morning, I was pretty convinced that it would be a boy.
The appointment went well and pretty quick. The only scary thing was that the ultrasound technician told Brian to wait in the waiting room for 10 minutes while she took all the baby's measurements and looked at all the internal organs, etc, etc. It felt like a lot longer than 10 minutes. I thought the first 12 weeks of our pregnancy was long, but these 10 minutes seemed even longer than that. She didn't say a word while she examined everything so I pretty much held my breath the entire time. She finally said that it was moving a lot and she was chasing it. I finally breathed. Finally, she called Brian in the room and we were able to see everything. It was so sweet. We saw it yawn, we saw it open and close it's fist, and we saw that IT was a HE!
He weighs 9 ounces and his heartrate was 158. She said everything looked good to her and that he was measuring a day ahead of schedule.
That night, we met my mom and Brian's parents for dinner. We bought my mom a blue cross (she collects crosses) that says "For this child I Prayed", and his mom a blue teddy bear. We wrapped them in gender neutral colors so they wouldn't know until they opened it. Our moms were the first two there and I'm sure they felt like they had to wait forever for Brian's dad to get there before they could open their gift.
I also had to let Dee know that "Willow has a willy" (see post below to understand.)
We're all excited that it's a boy and I think we're sticking with our one boy name that we AGREED on...and it's not Thatcher.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee's Recitals
Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day. She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals. Her recital was dance and ...
-
Today was Kaylee and Troy's last day of school...they couldn't miss the last day - they had perfect attendance for the entire year. ...
-
Troy got to participate in his first field day. He ran in the 50 yard dash, participated in the balloon toss, the sponge soak line, and ...
-
What a fun day we had at Six Flags! I was so excited to take the kids somewhere I LOVED growing up. I think Kaylee will definitely be my r...
No comments:
Post a Comment