Monday, January 18, 2010

Bedding

Friday night, my mother and I headed to fabric stores to pick out fabric for the baby's room because I am going to attempt to make it. I couldn't find ANY thing that I liked. I had a picture in my head of exactly what I wanted, and the stores we went to did not have what I was looking for. We went to three different stores and didn't have any luck.

Saturday morning, I woke up and wrote down every fabric store in Birmingham. Brian and I headed out thinking we would be gone all day looking for fabric, and I had a little fear that we still wouldn't find anything. The first place we drove to was out of business. The next place was SewBiz in Trussville. However, in the same shopping center, there was a little quilt shop (that wasn't even on my list). We walked into the quilt shop, Brian walked right to the fabric I wanted and said "is this what you're looking for"....and there it was. The store was extremely busy, so we decided to walk down to Sew Biz just to see what they had too. They had the coordinating fabric I wanted. So we bought it, headed back to the quilt store and bought the material there. I couldn't believe that my mother and I searched all night Friday night with no luck, and Brian found it at the first store we went to.

So one thing on my to-do list is making bedding.


1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I can' believe you are that pregnant - You don't show that until I see the profile.

    I love the fabric. It will be a bright, happy room. It is a lot like a purse you made me a long time ago. You monogrammed and it had light blue ribbon handles.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...