Sunday, May 31, 2015

Troy's Birthday Party

Troy has been saying for a while that he wanted a superhero birthday party.  Pretty easy request, but with the end of school sneaking up on me, I waited to the last minute to really plan everything.  I made the invitations, and he insisted on writing everyone's name on them.

He kept saying that he wanted it to be "JUST LIKE LAST YEAR."  He kept telling me not to change anything, that he wanted to play water balloon baseball and swim just like he did last year.  I knew that meant that whatever we did had to be fun.  I knew he kept saying he wanted it the same because he didn't know anything different.  I finally had the idea to do a superhero obstacle course.  John and Mindy came over early that morning and helped Brian and me set everything up.  John had some great ideas and we went to work.

It was a fun party.  Troy and his friends went through the obstacle course several times before they swam, so I know they had a good time.  At the end of the party, Troy said it was just as fun (but he still wanted to play water balloon baseball and I told him we could at the tball party).

Troy got lots of great things.  We bought him a big boy bike.  Kaylee got him some superhero toys.  Mommaw gave him a remote control spiderman motorcycle (Troy specifically asked her for a spiderman motorcycle toy).  Grandma got him cowboy guns.  He also got other superhero toys, water toys, some cool books, and money.

It's so hard to believe I have a 5 year old!












































No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...