We had dear friends who were getting rid of their toddler bed so we took it. We'd been telling Kaylee she would be getting a big girl bed soon, and that also meant meant no more paci.
Brian brought it home Thursday night. Kaylee and Troy had fun playing "cover me". We asked her Thursday night and Friday night where she wanted to sleep and she said crib. Saturday night there was no choice, we had taken her crib out of her room. We stayed up late so she would be sleepy. She went straight to bed and fell straight to sleep.
Sunday was much harder. I laid her down for a nap and she kept getting up to play. I made her stay in her room for over an hour, but she never fell asleep. Sunday night I took her to bed, read a story, and tucked her in. She kept getting out of her bed and running all over the house. After a couple of spankings and harsh looks, she finally stayed in her room.
She woke up about 2am and got up and started walking around the house crying. I went to get her. I finally got her back to sleep about 2:45 and laid her down, then five minutes later she got up again and walked around the house. This happened a couple more times. I would get her asleep, lay her down, but then she would get up. Finally around 4 o'clock, I gave up and we put her in the bed with us. Hopefully this newfound freedom will get old, and I will get my good sleeper back.
I pinned several pictures on Pinterest to turn the crib into a bench. I showed Brian and he said yes. I loved how the bench turned out! Now, we'll have something to remember her crib days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee's Recitals
Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day. She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals. Her recital was dance and ...
-
Today was Kaylee and Troy's last day of school...they couldn't miss the last day - they had perfect attendance for the entire year. ...
-
Troy got to participate in his first field day. He ran in the 50 yard dash, participated in the balloon toss, the sponge soak line, and ...
-
What a fun day we had at Six Flags! I was so excited to take the kids somewhere I LOVED growing up. I think Kaylee will definitely be my r...





No comments:
Post a Comment