I ran my first 5k on May 19. After spring break, my auxiliary girls and I have been running in 8th period. In fact, their benchmark was to run 2.5 miles....those that beat me got an A and those that I beat got a B. To end the year, two seniors and I decided we would run in a 5k. It was really fitting because it was actually a mother/daughter 5k.
I was pretty proud of myself because I ran the entire time. I'm a pretty slow runner but was pleased that I finished in 33.30 minutes. I know runners who say that once you start running, it is addicting and you fall in love with it. I can't say that I feel that way yet. I'd like to keep running this summer but I don't see how that is going to happen because I don't have a jogging stroller.
Overall, it was a good experience.
Friday, May 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee's Recitals
Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day. She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals. Her recital was dance and ...
-
Today was Kaylee and Troy's last day of school...they couldn't miss the last day - they had perfect attendance for the entire year. ...
-
Troy got to participate in his first field day. He ran in the 50 yard dash, participated in the balloon toss, the sponge soak line, and ...
-
What a fun day we had at Six Flags! I was so excited to take the kids somewhere I LOVED growing up. I think Kaylee will definitely be my r...

No comments:
Post a Comment