I can't believe Kaylee is one month old already. Time has flown by. I am really enjoying being at home with her. She is such a sweet baby girl. She is a good sleeper at night too. Most nights, she will sleep for a stretch of 4 or 5 hours. I have a hard time going back to sleep after the first feeding because I don't want to wake Brian or Troy up, but most nights she doesn't have a problem at all.
Nursing is going really well and I am really, really thankful. That was a stressful part with Troy and it hasn't been stressful at all with Kaylee. I've got to start pumping on a regular basis to get ready for work though and I'm not excited about that. She weighs right at 9 pounds and still wears a newborn diaper but can easily wear size 1 diapers. She still wears some newborn clothing, but some is too small and she has moved up to 0-3 month clothing.
She fits right in with our family. We haven't stopped "going" since she's been born. I've gotten good at carrying her in my Bjorn carrier. She has been to church, two Troy games, a Calera game, a pep rally, band practice, Homestead Hollow, out to eat, shopping, and several other places. It's been fun to take her places.
She is really strong. She rolls to her side all the time and can almost roll over. I enjoy her alert times and could just stare at her all day. Sometimes I do! I'm sure Brian wonders why nothing gets done at home. Like I said before though, she likes to be held and I'm gonna take advantage of it because I know how fast she will grow up.
Some things I love about my baby this month:
I love that she loves to cuddle. When you hold her on your chest, she will inch her way up to your chin and cuddle right underneath your chin. It so sweet.
I love that she can wear hairbows. She doesn't wear them all the time, but I like the fact that she can.
I love being able to shop for pink!
No comments:
Post a Comment