Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Secret is Out


Brian and I found out Jan 4 that we were expecting again. Last year on Jan 4, we found out that Troy was a boy, so it was kind of funny that we found out on the same day a year later.

We told our parents at 10 weeks. We met my mom and John for dinner and dressed Troy in a "big brother" shirt. Do you know hard it is to find a big brother shirt for a 9 month old? John got there before mom, held Troy and never said a word. When mom got there, Brian held Troy so she could see his shirt. She got it right away...John still didn't.

After dinner, we went to Brian's parents house and let them see Troy in his shirt too.

Other than that, we didn't tell many people. I had a BALL keeping it a secret this time. It was so much fun to keep it from people at school. Most of my girls didn't find out until the end of last week and some didn't find out until yesterday. It was fun to give them a hard time once they did finally figure it out that I've been pregnant for 4 1/2 months already.

The ultrasound to find out gender
was today. I've thought for a couple of weeks that it might be a girl but I didn't want to say it out loud because I hate being wrong about things. I finally decided last night I needed to tell Brian that I thought it was a girl so that I would have it on record. The reasons I thought it might be a girl is because things were completely opposite this time...I've only been sick a couple of times (last time I was sick A LOT), we think we might have a name for a girl (last time we had a boy name), Brian thought it was a boy (last time he thought it was a girl), the Chinese calendar said boy (the last time it said girl). I am now 2/2 and Brian is 0/2. It's a girl!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you were having a girl. Don't ask me how, but I just knew it. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very excited for you all! You have started with the same order as we did, just a little closer together :) ! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...