
This month has flown by! I am really enjoying my sweet little boy and spending time with him. He has gotten to meet a lot of people this month, and he does well when go out. We have also been blessed with several meals and groceries given to us. I honestly had no idea how fast the days would go by.
I have gone to a lactation group once a week since we've been home. It's good to connect with other moms and it's a chance to weigh Troy. You also get to weigh your child before they eat and then again after they eat to see how much they take in. That's pretty cool. At the group yesterday, Troy weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces. He also ate 3.5 ounces, so I know he's eating good which is reasurring.
He is becoming more alert for longer periods of the day now. It's fun to see his big pretty eyes looking at you. He sleeps pretty well at night. We get a good 4 or 5 hours of sleep during the first stretch because he usually sleeps from about 9 until 1 or 2. The second stretch is not as long because he is LOUD trying to go back to sleep. He grunts A LOT. Once he finally falls asleep, he'll usually wake up around 4 or 5, and then again around 7 or 8.
Brian and I are somewhat in a routine with him. I have finally figured out how to take a shower and sometimes I even get to cook dinner. We also enjoy going on walks with him at night. He likes his stroller, so that is nice.
Fortunately, he also likes his swing, so he does take naps during the day in his swing. I'm not so convinced that he actually likes swinging, but he does like sitting in the swing.
I know he is starting to recognize his mommy. Some days, when I leave the room, he whimpers a little bit but as soon as I walk back in the room and talk to him, he quits whimpering.
Brian is doing a great job as a daddy. I know he feels like he is on diaper duty as soon as he gets home from work, but he does a great job and doesn't complain. He and Troy are cute sitting on the couch together too.

Some things I LOVE about my baby:
I love his footed onesies because he is so cute in them.
I love the clicking noise he makes with his mouth when it's time to eat.
I love how he stretches after he eats, and the look of satisfaction on his face.
I love how sometimes he ends up with milk all over his face.
I love his little smiles when he's sleeping. I wish I could catch it on camera.
He has moved up to size 1 diapers instead of newborns and he has almost outgrown his newborn onesies and sleepers. It makes me sad to think how fast he is already growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment