Monday, January 3, 2011

7 months



As time goes by, Troy continues to be more and more fun. He is so active and loves to play. He enjoys playing with his toys that he got for Christmas. He started sitting up really well Christmas Day and hasn't looked back. He isn't crawling yet, but he does scoot all around the room. He holds his own bottle all of the time now (unless we just want cuddles).

Brian and I are still in a routine. Brian handles the mornings (getting him dressed, bottles made, bags packed) and I handle the nights (dinner, bath time, last feeding and bed time). He goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps all night (sometimes as late as 6:30). It still amazes me that he sleeps so well.

He is still eating well and has moved to stage 2 baby food, so we have gotten to try a lot of new foods. He seems to like all of them so far. When he's hungry, he starts chewing his mouth. It's really cute.

He absolutely loves bathtime now. He sits up in the tub (he's still in the baby tub but without the sling) and splashes the water like it's the best thing ever. I have to keep a towel to cover me so that I don't get soaked.

Things I love about my baby this month:
I love reading to him and rocking him to sleep at night. It's hard to pass that up.
I love how excited he gets when I pick him up from daycare.
I love our time in the bed together in the mornings (when Brian gets up for work, he'll put Troy in the bed with me and I didn't realize how much I enjoyed this until Troy started sleeping later and I missed it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...