Monday, April 4, 2016

Golden Eagle Banquet

Every year, our school has a Golden Eagle banquet.  I'm in charge of organizing and putting the banquet together.  The purpose of the banquet is to honor our honor graduates and outstanding graduates, then each honor graduate gets to invite one teacher to honor and present them a plaque. It's a surprise to the teachers.  They know who is invited, but they don't know who invited them.  It is always so fun to watch their reaction when the student reads their speech about their most inspirational teacher.

Because I'm in charge of the banquet, I knew I was invited and I knew who was giving me the Golden Eagle award.  I did not know however what they were going to say in their speech.  When we practiced the speeches, I walked out so that it would be a surprise the night of the banquet.

The two girls that gave me a Golden Eagle are such fantastic kids.  They wrote and said the sweetest words and recalled some very special memories while they were in high school.

One of the best parts of teaching is watching kids grow into young adults.  I knew both of the sweet girls when they were freshmen, and watching them grow into beautiful young ladies who are valedictorian and salutatorian makes me feel like a proud mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...