Sunday, August 14, 2011

The End of a Rough Week

I always post about the good events that happen in the Bone household and never talk about the rough ones...this week was a rough week! I went back to work full time on Monday, so I knew there would be some adjustments. Then it all started Tuesday night. I was cooking tacos for dinner. Brian was helping me and picked up the lid to stir the meet. All of the water off the lid spilled onto Troy's face. I grabbed Troy up and put ice on it immediately. Surprisingly, he didn't really cry that much. Over the course of the night though, the spot got bigger and bigger. We finally called the nurse and she said as long as it wasn't a "watery" blister that he should be fine and to keep cortizone on it.

Wednesday at daycare was fine. Wednesday night when we got home, Troy was just not himself. He cried more than usual, hardly ate, started to drool, and just wasn't his happy self. I think this was the beginning stages of teething. He also didn't sleep well at all Wednesday night. Brian stayed up with him most of the night. I was up and down all night checking on both of them. I think I got 5 hours of sleep that night and there is no telling how much Brian got. Thursday when I took him to daycare, he was very upset. He NEVER cries when I drop him off and Thursday morning he cried. Of course, that made me cry because he was so upset. When I picked him up Thursday from daycare, his shirt was soaking wet, and his teacher said he did not have a good day. Thursday night, he did not sleep well at all. I got about 2 hours of sleep and Brian didn't get much more. You could tell he was just so uncomfortable.

Friday, daycare was closed, so a friend from church kept him for me. She was so sweet because when I dropped him off, I told her he wasn't feeling well and I cried again. She was great about emailing me throughout the day to let me know he was doing ok. Finally Friday night, we all got some sleep. Troy has a mouthful of teeth, and we haven't been through the drooling, crying teething stage with him at all with any of the other teeth. It was so hard to not be able to do anything for him.

Saturday was a much better day. Troy finally laughed and played. It was fun to see him smiling again.

You can see the mark under his eye in this picture. This was taken 5 days after it happened, so it looks MUCH better than it did. You can also see the drool under his chin. I think he is still teething because he is still drooling, but it so much better than earlier this week.

Here's hoping this week is much better!


In Kaylee news, I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and her heartbeat was 154. I am ready for her to be here. My whole body hurts. My back hurts, my hips hurt, I am ready. It hurts to bend over, it hurts to stand up, it hurts to sit. She moves A LOT. Now that I am done complaining about how much I hurt, I am so thankful that I get to enjoy feeling her move. It is definately the best part of pregnancy even if it makes me go to the bathroom 24 times a day. A month from tomorrow is her due date, but my gut says she'll be here in three weeks. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaylee's Recitals

Kaylee had a very busy day on recital day.  She had three recitals - one dance recital and two baton recitals.    Her recital was dance and ...